Hymer Free S 600 Erfahrungen? Lieferzeiten?

Alle Themen rund ums Reisemobil und um deren Ausbau
Antworten
horni24
Ganz neu hier
Ganz neu hier

Re: Hymer Free S 600 Erfahrungen? Lieferzeiten?

Beitrag von horni24 »

Hallo also hat sich alles nochmal bisschen verzögert Auto war fertig dann haben noch Papiere gefehlt aber jetzt alles da.Mittwoch zulassen und Freitag Auto abholen .
Hallenser
Wird so langsam nervig
Wird so langsam nervig

Beitrag von Hallenser »

Na dann viel Spaß und knitterfreie Fahrt mit dem Neuen :wink:
„Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten! Er zieht Dich auf sein Niveau herab und schlägt Dich da durch Erfahrung.“
Swiss
Ist öfters hier
Ist öfters hier

Beitrag von Swiss »

Hi there,

Sorry folks, I do not speak German, so not sure if I will get any response to this.

I have just picked up on this thread while trawling the web looking for information about the different engine sizes available for the Free S and I would be interested in your comments.

I am just about to place an order for a van with the automatic gearbox, I have fully spec'd it except for the engine and like some of you are wondering whether to stick with the standard 143 or go for the 177 engine.

My thoughts are:

I 'm not sure that you need the extra power for day to day driving, based on the fact that my work van (manual gearbox) is rated at 3300Kg and is fully loaded to the limit all the time (checked on weighbridge), it has 130 hp engine and drives fine.

I am more concerned with the overall economy, as quite often a larger power output can prove to be more economical. Lets face it both engines will get you to the speed limit with no problems and I don't think that the slight increase in acceleration is really something to be too bothered about.

Does anybody have any fuel consumption figures for both, I asked my Hymer dealer and they have no idea, I emailed Hymer direct and they have no idea either. I am shocked that they are selling a product with no information or spec to enable the purchaser to make a valid buying decision.

Just for information, as far as I am aware from the research that I have done, the engine is the same 2.1l but the 143 has a fixed vane turbo and the 177 has a variable vane turbo. As a result of this the power is also delivered differently as below

 143hp @ 3,800rpm / 330Nm @1,400-2,400rpm
 177hp @ 3,800rpm / 400Nm @ 1,800-2,400rpm

One other thing is that the 177 is only available to the campervan market, so you cannot get any info from the commercial van sales division.

I see that FXP says he only used 11 Litres to drive 2000 Km, surly some mistake there, that makes 0.55l/100Km or 513 mpg in English, very economical!

I would appreciate your comments.
QE11
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von QE11 »

Hi,
not that easy your question.

I do have the 6cylinder engine which is out of competition for you (?).
But, I was struggeling when I made my decision for my GLC - 220d with 194 HP or 300d with 2xx HP.

I took the 220d - at the end - I am totally fine with it.
Just in the first minutes you come from the 300d to the 220d you will miss the extra power - after a while....you will be happy.

But, if you are always at the limit of the 3.5 t max. weight you will miss the extra power e.g. in Croatia when you have to go up the long „hills“ on the highway. Your Hymer will go slower and slower and slower....

At the end its your feeling...and your patience.

Regards
René
FXP
Kennt sich schon aus
Kennt sich schon aus

Galerie

Beitrag von FXP »

So yes it´s me - meanwhile my Free S ist using about 10,5 liters per 100km - a camper with pop-top (height 2,85).

As I use to pull a boat trailer, I find the 177PS useful, as we say in German: "having is always better then needing"... but I am coming from a 3.0litre V6cdi Mercedes Viano Marco Polo, wiht 224PS.

Of course 143PS would be enough for traveling 120/100 km/h for most situations, as a 3500kg Sprinter is no race car at all, but I like the 177PS Power an would always order again.
Grüße
Frank

Sprinter 318cdi (910) Hymer Free S 600
Chingo
Kennt sich schon aus
Kennt sich schon aus
Galerie

Beitrag von Chingo »

Themenstarter

Habe mittlerweile 2700km auf meinem Hymer Free S 600 mit Aufstelldach; 143 PS- und komme mit gemütlicher Fahrweise, meist nicht schneller als 110 (selten mal 120-130km/h) auf der Autobahn auf einen Schnitt von 9,3l/100km! Bin allerdings auch den Schwarzwald hoch und runter gefahren - also schon einiges an Steigung bewältigt.
War immer alleine unterwegs und hatte nur wenig an ladung dabei.

Der Motor gefällt mir recht gut, kommt untenrum schön kräftig, obenrum fehlt hier und da aber ein bisschen Wums!
Reicht mir für alles außer die ein oder andere Passstraße - das wird sicher noch ein Thema.
Auf der anderen Seite verleit es dem CamperVan eine Portion Charme ;o)
Der Verbrauch ist allerdings um einiges besser als ich erwartet hätte!
Swiss
Ist öfters hier
Ist öfters hier

Beitrag von Swiss »

Good day and Happy New Year to you all,

And lets hope this year is much better!

Thank you very much Rene, Frank and Chingo for taking the time to reply.

Sounds to me that the 143 is probably fine for most driving situations, but a little sluggish on the hills where the 177 would be much better. The economy does not seem to be very different, Frank in his 177 is getting only around 2 mpg less than Chingo with his 143 and that may be because he is pulling a trailer. If the economy is similar, I will probably go with the 177 because it is a reasonably cheap upgrade at £1755 and as Frank says "having is always better then needing". I main concern was that if the 177 was say 10 mpg worse than the 143, over an extended period it makes a big difference to the running costs. This is particularly true if you were to talk about the the bigger engines such as the 190hp V6 that can be spec'd in the similar Grand Canyon van, I .

Just for some sort of comparison, when I looked on the Mercedes van website, the official consumption figures for the 143 and 163 (closest one available to the 177 in a van) they are almost identical at 35 mpg , though I often wonder how manufacturers get their figures, I think it is while driving an empty van down a mountain side.

Changing the subject to extras, the cost of the basic van in the UK is £47210, with the extras that I have asked for it has come to £70400, is this a normal sort of thing in the campervan world, I can't see anybody buying a "basic" van, I think it is just a way to subtly hike the price up.

Regards
Andy
FXP
Kennt sich schon aus
Kennt sich schon aus

Galerie

Beitrag von FXP »

From my point of view, there are two main price drivers:

1. The basic car - there is a lot of money to be configured in a standard worker-van to become more comfortable and safe for a campervan, such as MBUX, collision prevention, LED headlamps, frontseat heating, aircondiiton, wheels+rims....
2. The HYMER camping build like heating system, awning, additional window and all the small "nice to have" items on the list.

So yes, for me it sounds realistic to sum up to such an amount.
Grüße
Frank

Sprinter 318cdi (910) Hymer Free S 600
free600s
Lernt noch alles kennen
Lernt noch alles kennen

Beitrag von free600s »

Hallo heute vollgende Mail erhalten haben andere das auch

wir bedauern sehr, dass sich die Übernahme Ihres Hymercar Free S 600 verzögert.

Wir haben vom Hersteller die Information erhalten, dass Fahrzeuge auf Mercedes-Basis aktuell nicht ausgeliefert werden dürfen, da es zu Problemen an der elektrischen Parkbremse kommen kann.

Sobald wir nähere Informationen haben bzw. die Probleme behoben sind werden wir uns wieder bei Ihnen melden.
QE11
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von QE11 »

Swiss hat geschrieben: 03 Jan 2021 15:08 Good day and Happy New Year to you all,

Sounds to me that the 143 is probably fine for most driving situations, but a little sluggish on the hills where the 177 would be much better. The economy does not seem to be very different, Frank in his 177 is getting only around 2 mpg less than Chingo with his 143 and that may be because he is pulling a trailer. If the economy is similar, I will probably go with the 177 because it is a reasonably cheap upgrade at £1755 and as Frank says "having is always better then needing". I main concern was that if the 177 was say 10 mpg worse than the 143, over an extended period it makes a big difference to the running costs. This is particularly true if you were to talk about the the bigger engines such as the 190hp V6 that can be spec'd in the similar Grand Canyon van, I .

Just for some sort of comparison, when I looked on the Mercedes van website, the official consumption figures for the 143 and 163 (closest one available to the 177 in a van) they are almost identical at 35 mpg , though I often wonder how manufacturers get their figures, I think it is while driving an empty van down a mountain side.

Changing the subject to extras, the cost of the basic van in the UK is £47210, with the extras that I have asked for it has come to £70400, is this a normal sort of thing in the campervan world, I can't see anybody buying a "basic" van, I think it is just a way to subtly hike the price up.

Regards
Andy
Hi Swiss,
wohoooo long time no see - sorry I overlooked your poste from early January.

Coming back to the costs of the vans and the extras.
I also own a VW Bus T6 4motion bought as a empty van and build up to a camper by Werz Wohnmobile with pop top etc.
The price was 75k € ... close to the Hymer with all the extras and it is just a small VW Bulli.
Thats crazy times.

If you have the money - do it! Your life is short.

Have a nice day and stay safe!
René
mjohn
Lernt noch alles kennen
Lernt noch alles kennen

Beitrag von mjohn »

Hallo zusammen,

Habe einen Free S 600 bestellt. Soll im Sommer kommen.

Um den Camper im Bereich Elektrik auszubauen, wollte ich wissen, welcher Ladebooster im Basisfahrzeug verbaut ist. Ist dies der kleine Schaud EBL30 mit gerade mal 18Amp Ladeleistung, oder wie Hymer jetzt schreibt, ein bis zu 70Amp starker Booster, was dann wohl der Schaud WA 121545 wäre. Was ist der Stand der Dinge hier?

Eine weitere Frage bezieht sich auf die Maße des Aufstelldaches. Da ich dort (semi-)flexible Solarpanes verkleben will, würde ich gerne hier erfahre, wie groß die nutzbare Dachfläche ist. Das Dach hat ja zur Erhöhung der Verwindungssteifigkeit rechts und links außen eine leichte Erhöhung.
Fragen:
1. Wie lang ist das nutzbare Aufstelldach (vom Spoiler vorn bis zum stark gekrümmten Hinterteil)
2. Wie breit ist es von Erhöhung zu Erhöhung links-rechts außen (geschätzt ca. 135cm)
3. Wie tief ist diese Vertiefung? Ist das ausreichend zur Hinterlüftung von semi flexible Panels?
4. Wie breit ist die Vertiefung zw. den Wölbungen am Rand (geschätzt 120cm). Für flex Panels wären diese sehr stealthy und flush mit der Wölbung.

Ich hoffe dies ist nachvollziehbar beschrieben. Vllt. hat jemand die gleichen Ųberlegungen schon hinter sich und hat die Zahlen.
Würde mich freuen wenn jemand auch mit Zollstock seinem Aufstelldach die Daten entlockt. Selbst SCA hat Schwierigkeiten mir die Daten zu besorgen. Ok, messen geht nicht vom Homeoffice, aber die habe ja auch ne R&D mit techn. Personal und techn. Zeichnungen....

Danke für den Moment,
Martin
QE11
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von QE11 »

Hi Martin,
schau mal, ob Dir das hier hilft.

Grüße
René

QE11
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von QE11 »

und hier:
F0599D0F-7E8E-4F31-8449-38F046085B08.png
Swiss
Ist öfters hier
Ist öfters hier

Beitrag von Swiss »

QE11 hat geschrieben: 09 Feb 2021 08:14
Swiss hat geschrieben: 03 Jan 2021 15:08 Good day and Happy New Year to you all,

Regards
Andy
Hi Swiss,
wohoooo long time no see - sorry I overlooked your poste from early January.

Coming back to the costs of the vans and the extras.
I also own a VW Bus T6 4motion bought as a empty van and build up to a camper by Werz Wohnmobile with pop top etc.
The price was 75k € ... close to the Hymer with all the extras and it is just a small VW Bulli.
Thats crazy times.

If you have the money - do it! Your life is short.

Have a nice day and stay safe!
René
Hi Rene,

Thanks for the reply, that makes the Hymer cheap then! :lol:

Andy
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Swiss für den Beitrag:
QE11 (24 Feb 2021 07:50)
Swiss
Ist öfters hier
Ist öfters hier

Beitrag von Swiss »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Truma diesel heater combi D 6 (E), in particular relating to the optional altitude kit being fitted, I have specified this on my new van but wonder if it is actually required and may delete it from the order.

From the instruction book it says:

"Intended use
The altitude kit is required if the heating mode of the Combi D
is run for longer periods at heights of 1500 m to 2750 m."

What does it mean, by "longer periods", is it hours, days or weeks.

Does it just not work so efficiently at over 1500 m, (I'm sure that I read somewhere that the efficiency drops by 10% for every 1000 m over 1500 m) or will it not work at all or will it get damaged or require more servicing due to increased sooting etc.

The altitude kit is very expensive at £610 for what may just the odd week here and there and possibly being above 1500 m.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Andy
Antworten